CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Turbines....2.0 New and Improved

After working on sketches to develop newer wind turbines, I finally had these new ones cut out and assembled. I find they work out much easier than my previous models and hence, they should be able to generate some energy. My primary concern with these turbines is that they be as efficient as possible and eliminate as much drag as well.
Through my research and experimentation, I limited my wind capturing devices to 4 types which I found to be the most efficient. Although they lack some aesthetic quality, they accomplish the aspect of movement through wind. Although these are my second iterations, I find there are still other possibilities for improvements, such as size of turbines, size of aerofins and number of intermediate connectors.

No comments: