CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

EUREKA!!....I DID IT!

So....after many countless and miserable nights attempting to have my wind turbines generate any amount of energy, I finally manage to generate some voltages. Although this is only a first step, it helps guide me to modify and experiment with my turbines and design.
Some of the observations which I noted which helped and enhanced the effectiveness of my turbines were: Wind Direction. It was noted that when the fan was blowing towards the turbines at a perpendicular angle, it was initially harder for the turbines to move. As the wind direction was moved and modified, the easier the start up began.
Wind Volume: Other observations that were noted dealt with the aspect of wind volume, when more wind was redirected into a concentration area, instead of a general path, the turbines picked up more rotation.
Size: Although I believe I am reaching a point where the size of the turbines cannot be enlarged much more (Due to maintaining appropriate proportions with model) I do think the the amount of wind extracted can be increased, by making the turbines larger.
Design: Although this may actually be the most important element, the design of the turbines need to be refined to produce the best turbines, with the limited amount of engineering background and knowledge which I have or have attained.
So...after a long and definitely overdue period, here is my images captured during experimentation.













No comments: