CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Intermediate Reviews... Am I Blowing Wind?

Based on my presentation which occurred on Friday, I was given several ideas and critiques regarding the direction, as well as my influences which I should look at for my project. Some of the most immediate response which I received was regarding the structural implication as well as scale of the wind capturing devices and turbines. Although it is easy to simply state that they will attach to the side of a wall or on tip of the roof, it was pointed that there are implications of a "field full" of wind turbines on a site. Also, there was discussion regarding the integration of my previous work into this project...How is it incorporated and how does it relate? Aspect I still believe I am attempting to resolve. The application of sound and wind was also discuss during my presentation.
Therefore, in light of my review, my intention for the next period of time is to research and construct elements which incorporate more subtle application of wind and possibly sound. The elements of implementing turbines in the same historical fashion as before, for electricity, agriculture and water pumping, I believe, still has merit an application in my project, but question regarding why, need to be resolved. Other aspect which will need to be address promptly is in regards to the size of my project. The intention was to make it large to the turbines created would be of appropriate size in which they could properly function and capture wind. The negative side to this dilemma, is that it creates the problem of needing to address a larger model and all sides of it. In relationship with my other courses, which relate to this, research needs to also focus on light weight plastic as well as air impermeable fabrics.
Until then I will continue to create devices to catch my wind.


































No comments: