CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Breadboard Advancements and Quirks

After failing to acquire decent materials for my motors, I focused on accomplishing the electronic aspects of my activating my motor to ligth sensors. After many unsuccessful and frustrating attempts at making the light sensor work in correspondance with a LED light. I found a site which show a method of using "Darlington Transistors" which is simply a combination of two transistors to amplify the amplification. The intent now is to incorporate my motor into it as well.
The Obstacle:
My findings have led me to come to the understanding that the integration of the motor to the light sensor is going to include a Relay and possibly a 555 timer, if my initial interntions of having each motor run with a different characteristic is included.
On the side note, during my process of building a circuit which includes the relay and 555 timer, I fell across a strange circuit some may find useful for there circuitry. It seems that I managed to create a touch sensor with the use of a LED, two transistors in a Darlington fashion and connection to the negative wire. So by simply touching a wire or the breadboard, with a metal piece, it finishes the circuit. If I recall, this may be suitable for some of my fellow collegues in studio who have been attempting to do this.

No comments: