CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Further Photos and Explanation.

After posting my selections of site late last night. I realized that viewing the pictures was nearly impossible. Although theses following pictures exclude the aspect of the surrounding environment, I thought I would still post these for more detail on the selection of bldgs and site.

This one Bldg was in the southern sector of Point Douglas. It interested me for the simple reason that it had a large flat facade which I thought I could potentially use to incorporate the question of rhythm and harmony. Overall, this area is starting to be developed, but I find this nook is still undisturbed and manipulated.

This bldg caught my eyes because the the proximity to the river. The aspect of using the wind, which travels strongly through this area and integrating my project is what intrigues me about this bldg. The possibility of further expanding deeper into Point Douglas is another question which I still need to explore.

This bldg, I was most fascinated with because of the smoke stack which accompanied the bldg. The possibility of integrating through the stack and into the bldg or the possibility of integrating a span which visually connects the two ends of the rail line together interest me. Out of all the sites, I find this to be the one with the most flexibility and potential.

The last bldg, which was difficult to access, was also a good selection due to the similar relationship to the proximity to the rail lines.




Finally, questions regarding the "persistence of memory" and capturing of movement still provide disturbing thoughts regarding the direction of my project. How do these topics relate? how do I find there relationship and one of my questions from year...why? How does this interact beyond the immediate environment.

No comments: